Symptoms of Mold Exposure
Mold, a.k.a. mildew, is a very resilient and destructive invader if left to fester and grow in your home undetected. They can claim the shingles or sidings to your home, the corners of your bathroom, or any bedroom that has just enough moisture and humidity to keep it fed.
Not all molds are lethal, but all molds produce spores that can go airborne and cause various allergic reactions, which, depending on the person’s sensitivity levels, can range from a nuisance to a debilitating allergic reaction. Mold is found in or around everyone’s home to some degree. The amount of mold that is considered dangerous or a cause for concern is not a specific measurement, however, it is worth investigating just how much your home could be affected by mold.
Even if the mold in your home is deemed a non-toxic spore, they can still cause some pretty miserable allergic reactions that are tough to remedy if the mold is not identified. Typical allergic flare-ups include: coughing, sneezing, nasal drip, itching, inflammation of the throat, irritated eyes, upper respiratory problems, and more.
The worst allergic reactions are those that trigger asthma attacks. Prolonged exposures to mold can potentially cause non-asthmatic individuals to develop asthma, especially young children or seniors. Black mold, in particular has been shown to cause rashes just from airborne spores alone.
The potential for serious health problems, which go beyond irritations are uncommon, but must be addressed. Side effects of extreme responses, which are extraordinary, incorporate fever, nausea, dull pains, and trouble relaxing. Individuals with weak immune systems or those with a preexisting lung ailment can turn into genuine diseases of the lungs because of molds.
It is unrealistic to foresee the level of seriousness of the toxic dangers connected with mold in the home. Hypersensitive people fluctuate in their level of vulnerability towards molds, and the danger may likewise rely on the degree and sort of mold that is growing.
Mold was additionally answered to be connected to pneumonitis in people defenseless to this immunological condition. This exceptional sickness is like pneumonia and can take root in anyone after brief or delayed introduction to mildew or mold.
Detection and Prevention
Water is the basic requirement for mold. If you can control the humidity of the room, you can control the growth of mold. This is no easy feat if you cannot afford a humidifier for your home, but you can still be proactive and try to locate potential hot-spots where mold could take foot.
If you have a suspicion that you might have mold growing in your home, you don’t have to feel helpless or immediately resort to hiring an expensive specialist to come survey your home. All tests conducted use EPA-approved methods and meet all EPA, state, and certification agencies’ requirements. Simply ship your sample to the lab in the original mold testing kit package. The analysis fee is included in the kit purchase price; no hidden fees. An analytical report will be sent within the turnaround time requested upon receipt of the sample.
You will receive your results within 48 hours after the sample is received.
A 24 hour turnaround option is available upon request.
Tags: Asbestos, asbestos test, diy asbestos test, diy e-coli test, diy ecoli test, diy indoor air quality test, diy lead test, diy soil test, e-coli test, E. Coli, ecoli, ecoli test, home asbestos test, home ecoli test, home indoor air quality test, home lead test, home radon test, Indoor Air Quality, indoor air quality test, Lead, lead test