How To Test For Mold
Thank you for purchasing one of Environmental Innovative Technologies’ do-it-yourself mold testing kits! To further help you understand how to take samples and how to test for mold, we have included this video. Below is also a description on how to test for mold and steps to take in taking samples.
1. Wear the gloves provided in the kit prior to starting the sampling procedure.
2. Document the sample date and location on the slide label of the Bio-Tape slide.
3. Peel off the protective liner from the slide to expose the adhesive.
4. Place the slide, adhesive side down, on the suspect area. The guide line on the slide shows the center of the adhesive area. Gently press down to ensure contact is made.
5. Remove the slide from the surface and insider into the slide mailer. Do not replace the plastic ‘peel’ liner.
Repeat with the next 4 samples.
Complete the chain of custody form and place the sample and completed chain of custody form inside the original box. Place the box inside of the enclosed shipper bag to be sent to the lab.
You will receive your analytical results within 48 hours after the sample is received.
A 24 hour turn around option is available upon request.
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 dust mask
- 5 Bio-Tape Lift
- Chain of Custody (COC)
- Return shipping label and shipper bag
As explained in our lead, mold, and asbestos test results page, currently, there is no federal standards for mold. You would have to contact your local health agency or other governmental environmental regulatory agency for guidance on evaluation of these results. CFU = Colony Forming Unit. We hope you find this video on how to test for mold helpful.
Tags: Asbestos, asbestos test, diy asbestos test, diy e-coli test, diy ecoli test, diy indoor air quality test, diy lead test, diy radon test, e-coli test, E. Coli, ecoli, ecoli test, hazards in home, home asbestos test, home ecoli test, home indoor air quality test, home lead test, home radon test, Indoor Air Quality, indoor air quality test, Lead, lead paint, lead test, Mold healthy home, radon, radon test, toxin free home